Brighten up your home with some festive Christmas colours
Will you choose a traditional Christmas theme of red, gold and green or will you opt for a more contemporary approach of bright and unusual colours?
Here are some ideas to help you choose.
- Adding some warmth with copper tones, burnished bronze and aged brass can provide a more sophisticated and elegant look. These colours match perfectly with the current in-trend mustard tones.
- Captivate Christmas with rich jewel tones such as emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, citrine yellow and amethyst purple, giving a luxurious feel and complimenting darker walls.
- Try the wintery snow effect with striking white, use different materials and textures. This style can work wonderfully in the dining room with white china and a white tablecloth.
- Contrary to popular belief, blue can add warmth and rich tone to your home, from midnight skies to ice blue aqua tones. These colours blend beautifully with traditional gold and silvers.
- Add a little bling to Christmas with shades of gold, and not just for the festive season, gold provides a lift to any room all year round, whether it’s a gold lamp or a gold frame side table.
- As a softer alternative, why not go Pink. This popular colour is finding its place in the home at Christmas, perfect with grey and silver.
- However, you might want to stick to the traditional Christmas colours with rich reds and green foliage, rosy candles and festive berries.
- Purple is often associated with magic and mystery, so what better colour to introduce at Christmas time and teamed with bright pinks adds that little touch of glam.
Christmas is an excellent time for all the family so why not have everyone involved in choosing your 2020 festive colour theme, ask the kids can join in with some hand-made decorations, matching bows and wrapping paper.
These are just a few ideas for your festive decorations.